<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

I'm interviewing with University of Texas this week. It's my first MBA interview so I am a tad bit nervous. From what I can glean from the forums and other materials, the questions are pretty much a rehash of the "Goals Why MBA, Why now, Why UT" essays. I also read that the primary purpose of the interviews is to determine fit. So all you can really do is be yourself and hope for the best.

I'm attending parts of UT's Explore McCombs Weekend. The last time I visited UT's campus was when I was in high school (you see visiting UT and TAMU campuses are required for all native Texans). I really like Austin. It remains one of the few somewhat liberal bastions in the entire state. McCombs is also a decent school and it was noted in the "Beyond Grey Pinstripes" publication. My visit this weekend will help me determine if it's a good place for me to be. My impressions are that UT is a less tight-knit community than the other schools I'm applying to. But I could be wrong. I'll let you know what I think.

Once I complete my interview, I only need to get two recommendations and I'm DONE with that application. I'll be so happy when I'm done with all my applications. The fact that I have six essays to do just weighs on me. I'm working on a couple publications at work and some other major projects at work, and that is consuming all my time. It's hard to carve out time to compose introspective narratives when you have 20 work deadlines breathing down your neck. Maybe I'll be able to organize how I'm going to tackle all of these essays this weekend. *sigh*

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory