<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 24, 2003

I’ve been lurking on the BW Forums, and it looks like first round Wharton dings went out this week. Some people seem PRETTY mad about receiving dings. I don’t get why people think their credentials get them into to school. Don’t they realize there are thousands of other applicants similar to them and their 750 GMAT guarantees absolutely nothing. If the tenor of their diatribes is any indication, some of these people deserved dings – I don’t think I’d want to go to school with a whole bunch of whiners.

Trust me, I’m not being heartless. I really feel for those people that got dings without even getting an interview. That definitely sucks. If I don’t get an interview invitation from Stanford, I’ll be bummed – but I don’t think I’ll rant about how awful the school is. That’s just immature.

Speaking of Stanford Interview Invites – based on activity reported by folks on the forums, I think I should know whether I’m getting an invite at the beginning of the week. So, I’m crossing my fingers!

After reading about people’s “ding experiences,” I realized I didn’t have a plan B. I have no idea what I’ll do if I don’t get in to any schools this year. Will I reapply next year? Or will I look for an alternate way to get a business education? And what would an alternate business education look like? Does that mean booking a trip to Mt. Kilimanjaro to get all introspective? Does it mean taking statistics at night?

Next fall I’ll have seven years of experience, and I’m starting to believe I am approaching the point of no return. Even though it takes two years, I believe that an MBA is the fastest and most efficient way for me to get the skills I need to continue to progress professionally. So for know I’ll keep the faith that I’ll get into a program where I’ll learn and where I’ll fit.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory