<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 06, 2003

Okay, I know there are a plethora of prospective MBA bloggers out there. Why add my voice to the bunch? Because as far as I can tell there are few women telling this story so I think my perspectives may be unique.

I'm in the middle of applying to graduate business school. I hope to enroll in Fall 2004. I started this journey last fall, and I've found the introspection brought on by the process to be enlightening.

About a year and a half ago, I started to feel this pull in my life. I liked my job but I wanted to do something more. And frankly being promoted to do more of the same thing didn't really appeal to me. I wanted to go to the next level. But I wasn't sure what the next level was, and I didn't know how to get there.

So what does every directionless girl do when she is ready to advance her career? She goes to grad school! And thus the desire for something more led me to start this whole MBA thing. Ultimately the whole process has led me to know what it is I want to do next with my life - but more on that later.

I hope to share my experience of applying with whoever is interested. I've applied to Stanford first round, and I'm working on my applications to University of Texas, University of Michigan, and Dartmouth. I may add UVA, UNC, and Wharton to the mix, but I'm not sure yet. Again I'll save my GMAT and other experiences until later. Til then - peace!


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory