<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 10, 2003

Who is Future MBA Girl?

I just realized I never did the obligatory “about me” thread (and it’s all about me, isn’t it.)

Well, I’m 28 years old, and I live in the northeastern US. (I was born and raised in Texas so by no means am I a Yankee!) I work for a national nonprofit that works to alleviate poverty and address other societal injustices. I analyze nonprofit financial and operational performance. I use my analyses to underwrite investments in nonprofits and to do training. I’ve also written a couple of publications about nonprofits.

What do I want to be when I grow up? I would like to continue to work in the nonprofit world (once you go nonprofit you never go back!). I am interested in researching how entire industries and fields evolve, and in organizational leadership. I hope to work at a think tank or a nonprofit consulting firm.

And how does an MBA fit in? I hope that I’ll learn more about organizational structure and dynamics, and I’ll beef up my analysis skills.

Ultimately, to co-opt my favorite line from the movie Notting Hill, I’m just a girl asking an MBA program to accept me….

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory