<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 05, 2003

So I've decided to eat my words.

I've added Wharton to my application list. I know, I know; I said they rubbed me the wrong way. On more than one occasion a Wharton adcom advised me not to pursue a nonprofit career right after getting an MBA. Because I'm already in the field and really want to stay in nonprofits, this really turned me off.

But I've had a lot of interaction with Wharton grads in the last few months, and they were all positive. Also I actually know several Wharton grads in my field (which is pretty obscure) so I know it can be done. Also I took a look at their recruiter list, and some of the most innovative nonprofits out there recruit at Wharton, so I've decided to give it a go.

I'm concerned about the large class size. My college only had 200 students in a class. Even my high school class was smaller than the average Wharton class. I don't want to get lost and be just a number.

But the program is solid, and the alumni network is awesome. The only reason not to apply is the $200 application fee.

So I've added an additional 6 essays and 2 recs to my list of "to dos." I'm going to try to get it together in time for the second round deadline of January 8. I know it will be tough but for some reason, I think I can do it! We shall see!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory