<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 15, 2003

The wait will be over soon for Wharton Round 1 applicants who had interviews. The word on the S2S Board is that R1 decisions will go out a few days early on Friday Dec 19 at 9 AM eastern. Good Luck to all the applicants.

This morning, I had a strong gut feeling that I would receive a interview invitation from Stanford. And it turns out that my gut was dead wrong. *sigh* - maybe my gut will only be off by a day... or two... or three...

One of my Wharton recommenders submitted her recommendation today, and I was shocked! (Shocked, I tell you! Shocked!!) I'm used to recommenders submitting stuff at the last minute, so this was a whole new world. My other Wharton recommender will be finished before Christmas because she'll be out of the country, so the only reason my application will get bumped to R3 is if I don't get my essays together.

I reviewed my Wharton essays this weekend, and to be blunt, they suck. The drafts focus too much on the story of my experiences and not enough on what I learned from those experiences. I'm also having a bit of trouble with the word limits. I like to create vivid descriptions, and I like using words liberally. It's hard to do that in 250 words or less.

I still need to draft my consortium essays. I've created outlines, but I still need to create the meat. I feel a lot closer to being done, so I'm not too stressed. I'm pretty confident that my applications will be done by the new year. Here's hoping I stay on track.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory