<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Well, it’s been 3 weeks since I received my under review email from Stanford and still no interview request. I know I shouldn’t give up hope but as the time wanes on, I begin to question the viability of my candidacy. I’m not stressing yet, but if I don’t hear anything in the next two weeks, I’ll start preparing myself for the mighty ding.

More about Wharton’s nonprofit program: Although some of the admissions people were discouraging, I think Wharton has a pretty good nonprofit program. The Beyond Grey Pinstripes listed Wharton as having "significant activity." Also, Wharton's website has a comprehensive outline of their Social Impact Management Initiative (Thanks to Alex for providing a link ). Their course offering is extensive, and they have A LOT of social/mission extracurrics. The Business and Public Policy major also sounds interesting. AND they have a Loan Forgiveness Program AND an internship fund.

Beyond the nonprofit thing, I'm interested in organizational dynamics and change management (I LOVE this stuff). Wharton's Foundation in Leadership and Teamwork and the other Leadership classes sound compelling.

All reasons to seriously consider Wharton in my book! Besides, I've never been one to listen to what people told me to do anyway - so I'm not going to take the advice of the discouraging admissions person. I think a foundation like Wharton could give me the skills to be successful in any field.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory