<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Assumed Stanford Interview Ding Countdown: 3 days

This site was posted on the BW Forum this morning for those interested in who gets admitted where, with what GMAT, GPA, etc. People self report their stats, where they applied, and where they got in. It's probably COMPLETE balderdash since it's self-reported, but for the stats hounds it could be interesting. I personally think its a bit short sighted to get too hung up on stats, but that's just my opinion! There are some cool features on the site though - like you can practice writing your AWA, and others will grade it. Kind of cool...

The continuing saga of the Consortium Picture: Apparently if my picture isn't in the consortium office by January 20 (which is my birthday BTW - Happy Birthday to me!), they won't consider my application complete. I'm displeased to say the least. I have an appointment today to get a picture taken in business attire. Unfortunately it is right after work, so I had to get all gussied up today. I'm sure everyone at work will assume I'm interviewing for something. I'm so annoyed that I have to get this done.

Although I should be finalizing my essays, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about what I'll do if I don't get into school this year. If I only get bad news this year, I'll reapply next year - hopefully I'll have learned something from this process. I think I will definitely quit my job too. I feel I've plateaued - and because of budget cuts promotions will not be forthcoming. I just want to move on to a new challenge. I'm biding my time waiting out this MBA thing but if it doesn't happen, I think it's time for me to move on.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory