<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

I wish I could say I'm the only member of Stanford's Class of 2006 that got in without an interview. But I can't. It's official. I was rejected by Stanford.

Rejection hurts. Even when you're ready for it. I feel sad (and it's probably exacerbated by one person's quip to me that I failed). I even cried a little.

What hurts the most is that I didn't get an interview. My application wasn't strong enough for an interview. I know there were areas I could have improved it but I didn't think it was no interview bad. But what do I know.

I'm glad this ding came after I submitted my other applications. If this had come before the Wharton due date I doubt that I would have ponied up $200 to apply there. I keep thinking that maybe I'm not as qualified as I think and I reached too far by applying to the likes of Stanford and Wharton.

And trust me, I believe in the theory that "everything happens for a reason" and "you are where you need to be." But that doesn't stop it from hurting. I accept that I wasn't meant to be at Stanford, even though it's something I really wanted.

I'm glad I don't have to pour my heart out on paper anymore. I'm glad the wait is over. I will try to be positive going forward. But today is not the day. I'll allow myself sadness for one day.

I'm sooo glad decisions didn't come out on my birthday. Congrats to all who were accepted.

(Oh and check out the Wharton Chat tonight!)


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory