<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

I'm facing a bit of a dilemma with my consortium essays. For those unfamiliar with the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management, its a organization that provides full ride fellowships for underrepresented minorities. One of the cool things about the consortium, is you can use your app to apply to multiple schools (up to 6) at once. The first tier of application fees allows you to apply to three schools. My dilemma is I don't really want to apply to three schools, but I don't want to miss an opportunity to apply to some more "safety" schools.

If I decide to use this opportunity I would probably apply to UM and Tuck - but see here's the rub; I don't really think I want to go to either of those schools. I have an aversion to obscene amounts of snow (been there done that in undergrad) so I really don't think I'd like Hanover. I know that's a silly reason to reject an awesome top ten program but I really can't see my self freezing my butt off for two years. And UM places close to 50% of its students in the Midwest. And frankly, no offense to all y'all living in the heartland, but I do NOT want to live in the Midwest.

I could apply to two more of the other ten schools in the consortium (UT is my #1 for the consortium), but none of the other programs really appeal to me. Darden is too "case focused" and none of the other schools have significant nonprofit programs. I just feel like I might be throwing away an opportunity by not using the consortium app to apply to other schools. But I really don't want to apply any school that I'm not all that interested in.

But what if I don't get into any of three schools I applied to? I guess I'll just have to have faith. Decisions, decisions...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory