<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

I hate Punxsutawney Phil. 6 more weeks of winter? Baa. Humbug. Who's idea was it to get weather prognostications from a rodent anyway?

This whole admissions thing can do a number on your self esteem. I'm starting to feel a bit like the girl in school who is never asked to dance. This whole process reminds me a bit of elementary school. You see in Texas, along with learning a years worth of Texas History, we're all taught to square dance. Never learned any geography, but square dancing - check! So every year in elementary school we spent an entire grading period learning how to do-si-do, promenade, and "swang your partner round n' raaa-und." It all culminated into this big square dancing fest were we dressed up in western clothes and showed off our square dancing skills. This experience was not traumatic because of the hedious western costumes that we were required to wear; it was traumatic because as the only minority in my grade at school, I never got picked. Ever. So I always got paired with the kid who picked his nose or some other mentally unstable outcast. It sucks when you don't get picked.

I kind of feel like that now. Like the girl that never gets picked. And yes I know its not over yet, and yes I know good things are yet to come. I just wish the good news would hurry up and get here. I just wish somebody would pick me.

And I hate Punxsutawney Phil. Stupid rodent.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory