<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 20, 2004

I'm a big winner!! I filled out a interview review on accepted.com's site and I won $10 from Amazon.com. Woo-hoo! It has been a very weird week!

I'm a little annoyed by NYU. They seem a little inflexible there. With few exceptions, they require all of their interviewees to schlep to NYC for an interview. It's not that big of a deal for me because I'm on the east coast, but I can imagine this requirement could be a real hardship for some applicants. On the BW Forum, I read a post from someone who had visa issues and NYU still wouldn't budge. That seems extreme. I get that they need people to show commitment (especially with a 50% yield) but what if someone works in Bumble and doesn't have the resources to fly half around the world? And I'm a little ticked that I got an email on Wednesday telling me I HAD to interview by next Friday. That's not even two weeks notice. What if I had been on vacation? I think it's a bit tacky. The inflexibility just screams inferiority complex.

If NYU were a person I could complain to, I'd say, "Hello, NYU being a hard ass hasn't helped your yield, now has it? Maybe your inflexibility turns people off."

Inflexible hard asses....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory