<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 13, 2004

Wharton rocks.

In my search to find the MBA program that I will fit into the best, I have never encountered such a welcoming, embracing, and helpful group of people. Every student, administration person, and alum I have come in contact with has been extraordinarily gracious and outreaching. Yesterday I did a mock interview with a first year student (Thank you so much DH!). She is willing to spend significant time to help a complete stranger. I just have never met a group of people quite like the Whartonites. And they are so genuine with their help - they seem to really want you to achieve. It means a lot to me. It makes me really want to be a part of that community.

I am so glad I'm working with this student to do mock interviews. One area I always struggle with is coming up with concise examples of leadership and teamwork from my work experience. It is not that these situations do not exist; it's that since leadership and teamwork are not a formal part of my job description (I typically work alone) I have to be creative with how I answer the question. I just need preparation. If I can have 3-4 little stories about leadership and teamwork, I believe I'll be set. I can handle the Why and other questions.

And the mock interview brought a couple of things that I wasn't aware of that need to be eradicated. I say (and write) "I think" all the time. It's grammatically incorrect - I know this but I still say it! And the "likes" - I use like A LOT. I'm going to consciously eradicate these to phrases from my speech. I think, like, now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory