<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

All this rejection had got me thinking. I never thought about it before but can you imagine what it feels like to be a CEO that's fired and the news is splashed all over the place? How much does that have to suck? Or do people who are CEOs have super tough feelings, and they can let that kind of stuff just roll off their backs? Does failure or rejection always sting? Do we ever outgrow those feelings of shame and inadequacy (however brief)? Does it ever get easier to put forth your best effort and still not succeed?

This waiting thing absolutely BLOWS. And even though there's nothing more that I can do (right?) I find myself wasting incredible amounts of time on the BW and S2S forums. It's as if I expect some new enlightening information will spring forth from these forums, and that I must get said information as soon as it is available. Isn't one of the signs of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results? My goal is to break the obsession - I'm not going on them at all tomorrow. Wait maybe I'll start my Forum Fast on Thursday... or maybe Friday.

I know this is going to be an incredibly LONG two weeks. One positive thing is I'm going on vacation to visit my brother for a couple of weeks. Last year during the height of all of the military overseas conflicts, my genius of a brother decides to sign up for the Navy. Not quite sure I get his thought process. I don't think I'd ever go, "Hey, the nation is at war. Sign me up for the military!!!" To each his own, I guess. I'm going to hang out with him for a while until he goes off to Officer Candidate School. Hopefully that will make the time go faster.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory