<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

I leave tomorrow for vacation so today I have a sh!t load of work. I hate those days before leaving for vacation. Work gets dumped on you like you aren't coming back. Like when you get to your destination, you'll suddenly say, "Hey! I like it much better here. Screw my former life! I'm never going back!!" Part of the excessive workload is my fault though. Too much lollygagging on Forums and the like.

Since bloggers have been writing about what they are reading now, I thought I join in too (and Hella - LOVE The DaVinci Code). Currently I'm reading The Winner-Take-All Society by Robert Frank and Philip Cook. It's about how our economy is becoming more dichotomous, and the divide between the Haves and the Have Nots is widening. The author's theory is that most labor markets have become similar to labor markets in entertainment and sports. That is to say, there is a small population with the most talent making boat loads of money and the rest are left with jack. The problem is there is often only a marginal difference of performance between the top performers and the next tier of performers. What ends up happening is members of society end up wasting lots of resources in pursuit of these top spots. It's an interesting read. I can't say it's going fast because 1) I'm not a big fan of the nonfiction books; 2) the book sometimes propagates what I believe is flawed logic - and flawed logic drives me nuts; and 3) I spend too much of my spare time on the damn BW Forums. I figure I'll make a serious dent in it on the plane tomorrow.

Alright - off to do 2 weeks worth of work in one day. Tootles!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory