<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

I went shoe shopping again yesterday, but no news from NYU. Guess there is nothing to the shoe shopping magic. I thought having an acceptance in hand would make me less manic, but I still check my email a ridiculous amount. One person who interviewed during Perspectives weekend reported an admit on the BW Forum. I don't know why I'm so anxious, I only have 3 more days of waiting for NYU max.

Much of the buzz on the BW that I pay attention to is about when people are resigning from work (like this thread or this one). It's amazing how much people HATE their jobs. People despise what they do and who they work with to get it done. A lot of them seem to think that earning an MBA opens the door to the golden, perfect job. Good pay, decent hours, lots of challenge, and great people. I don't know, I think the key to the golden, perfect job is doing what you are passionate about. I think it's about listening to what your soul wants to do. You can't really worry about pay, hours, or coworkers - it's about doing your life's work. I think many of the people who are miserable in their jobs will find they may still be miserable post MBA. Maybe it has to do with that "toiling by the sweat of your brow" thing. Damn that Adam and Eve!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory