<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Today will be a FUN! filled day. I'm getting my root canal done. My dental insurance doesn't cover it, which I don't entirely understand. A root canal seems like a medical necessity to me - it's not like I'm getting veneers. If I had a magic world changing wand, one of the first things I'd change would be our medical/insurance system.

I'll also be participating on an interview for my new boss. We've had a temporary boss since September, and this will be my 6th boss in 3.5 years. I know, OUT of control turnover. Of the 27 people that were here when I started in 2000, 15 have left. And that doesn't even count the dozen of others (mainly directors, COOs, and CFOs) who started and left after I got here. For a professional organization, we have crazy amounts of turnover.

So I'll be interviewing for the 6th victim, I mean, boss today. Hmmm maybe it's an omen that I'm getting a root canal on the same day we're interviewing this guy. Maybe this new person will bring lots of initial pain that ultimately leads to something more healthy. Hey I like the sound of that.

And oh, like many of my past Lenten promises and New Year's resolutions, I've already broken my Forum Fast. Sigh. I think they should invent a patch to keep people away from the Forums. But hey, the first step is admitting you have a problem, right? Great! I'm on my way - 11 more steps to go...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory