<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Getting into business school does not mean everything is rosy. Two years ago when I told my boyfriend that I wanted to go to business school, his response was "Well, what happens to me?" He was convinced our relationship couldn't survive my further education.

In the last two years, we've fought a lot. There have been many stony silences. About six months ago, we decided we should go our separate ways. But nothing was real until I actually got into business school.

Now my boyfriend has started to pack his things. Our apartment is full of boxes. We starting to divide the stuff that was ours into piles of yours and mine. The ironic thing is, I'm not leaving Philadelphia. We could have easily made this work.

But I guess everything happens for the best. It's probably best that I not stay with a person who doesn't fully support me and my endeavors. And he doesn't. I wanted to reach for the stars and he was intimidated by that. And that sucks. It sucks that by trying to achieve my dreams, I ended up losing someone I love very much.

I believe I've made the best decision. But it's scary. I've been with my boyfriend for almost seven years - which is most of my adult life. I don't really know what it is to be single anymore. I don't know what it means to be without another person who knows everything about me. I don't remember what it's like to not be part of a "we."

So getting into business school has been bittersweet. I'm excited to start a new stage of my life, but I'm sad that I'm starting it alone.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory