<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

Wharton Welcome Weekend officially starts today. I'd like to extend a warm welcome to all those who are making their way to the Philadelphia area today. It seems the sun has stopped its week-long hibernation just in time for the start of WWW.

I actually drafted my scholarship essays last night. I hate throwing something together but this scholarship application is a true Hail Mary bid for more money. I'm applying for a program that I'm sort of eligible for. I'm hoping the nonprofit thing will give me a bit of an edge. We'll see.

I had a weird dream last night. I dreamt that I was at a bus stop with all these MBA applicants. A school bus pulled up, and a couple of adcoms from Wharton got off the bus. They called out names (including mine) and handed out nametags. I got on the bus and sat next to a tall (and cute) guy named Paul. The bus proceeded to Cornell's campus (I guess that's my subconscious symbol for school) and we got off and started WWW. Nothing bad happened, it was just weird that the dream included a yellow school bus.

I had a hard time sleeping. I felt kind of like I did when I was a kid before the first day of school. You know, anxious about making friends, about fitting in, about my abilities, about what outfit I should wear. I'm pretty excited to meet potential classmates.

One thing I'm disappointed about is the possibility that I will miss MBA Pub at Wharton tonight. Wharton hosts a Pub night every Thursday, and because of the scholarship deadline tomorrow, and a major work deadline, I'm afraid I will have to skip the festivities. I'll be there in spirit though.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory