<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 03, 2004

It's been incredibly busy this past week. I've had a couple of major things due at work. I'm also trying to get as much done as possible, since I only have 3 months (:D) left. And my boyfriend, or I guess my ex-boyfriend, moved out on Friday. I'm officially a single woman again.

I went apartment shopping over the weekend. I absolutely love one of the apartments I saw. I also plan to look at a couple of places during my lunch hour this week. I'm glad I live in the metro area where I'm headed to school. I don't have the extra stress of looking for a place remotely. Philadelphia definitely has an oversupply of apartments, but I think a lot of students get swept up in the belief that good apartments go quickly. Philadelphia is NOT New York. You don't have to go see an apartment with checkbook in hand here.

One thing I don't know how to do is negotiate a lease. I had no idea that you could negotiate the amount you pay in rent or the amenities you receive. I've always paid what the listing price is. Now I feel like a complete ass for paying full price all those years. It's like I was never taught the secret handshake, and not knowing it has cost me thousands. The more I think about it the more pissed I get. Maybe there is a secret handshake. What else am I missing out on?? Come on, tell me. I swear I won't tell (wink*wink). Mums the word...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory