<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Earlier this week, we interviewed someone to be my replacement at work. It was the first time that it really hit home that I'll be leaving. The person we interviewed seemed very cool (AND his girlfriend will be a second year at Wharton this year - gotta keep it in the family y'know!). Also our new boss starts on Monday. During the interview it dawned on me that there will be new people and exciting things going on at work, and I won't be a part of shaping the experience. I won't be part of the team anymore. It made me kind of sad to think that life at work will go on without me.

I never thought I was irreplaceable. But it's just sad to know that you're being replaced, you know? Even though people sometimes get on my nerves at work, I really like my job. I like the work I do, and I love that our work improves poor people's ability to access financial resources. And my organization is on the cusp of a more dynamic era. The community development finance field is changing rapidly, and the organization I work for is one of the major leaders of that change. I'm disappointed that I won't be in the thick of things in the field for the next two years. It's like watching a really good movie on TV and then the electricity goes out so you don't know how the movie ends. I'm going to miss being at work.

But I'm extremely excited about Wharton. I know that the next two years will be full of new experiences and challenges. It's just weird to see a chapter end, especially when you're not exactly sure what the next chapter will bring.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory