<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 11, 2004

I received the second Wharton mailing yesterday. It had A LOT of information about pre-term (like that I'm in Cluster 4) and it also contained the Wharton Inside Guide, a pretty thick book put together by the Wharton Graduate Association that gives you the lowdown on Philly, school, finding a job, professors, etc. I spent a couple of hours reading through it, and I found it extremely informative and kind of amusing.

One thing I did not find amusing was the letter about the mandatory learning team retreat. The retreat takes place in the Poconos, and is one of those outdoorsy, team-building things. What got me a little worried were items listed on the packing list: Loose fitting clothing that you don't mind getting dirty (that's a quote, BTW) and a sleeping bag.

Dirty? A friggin' sleeping bag?

The list also suggests we bring extra sneakers in case of rain. And bug repellent. Now to set the record straight, I'm an indoor cat. I know a lot of MBA students love the outdoors, but I prefer the Four Seasons and the Ritz Carlton. I am NOT into the camping thing. I don't even own a friggin sleeping bag. And I haven't slept somewhere that required bug repellent since I was 12. OMG. What if there's no air conditioning?

So that's the one thing I have to admit I'm not really looking forward to. I'm not into going into the woods with the chiggers and the ticks and the mosquitoes to do trust falls and ropes courses. Couldn't we learn to trust each other in a nice indoor, air conditioned resort? Now how fun would that be?!

The letter also suggests we keep an open mind, which I will attempt. But all I keep imagining is being stuck in a humid cabin while it rains outside. And schelpping around in the wet woods. Not my idea of fun. But I'll try to keep an open mind. Maybe I'll just buy one of those little hand held motorized fans...

Aside from the potential misery that is the Learning Retreat, the rest of the mailing got me pretty excited about school. I can't wait to be immersed in school life. As long as it's indoors.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory