<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 06, 2004

Commuting is a major pain. This morning, there was a major accident on I-95, and I was 2 minutes late to my Math class. Well- entry to the class is bared at 9:00 AM on the dot, so I missed the first half of class. I guess I need to leave my house at 7:00 AM. I will be SO GLAD when I move closer to campus next month.

My Cohort is pretty cool - although I'm still feeling them out. Wharton divides the class of 800-825 into 4 clusters (I'm in cluster 4). Each cluster has 3 cohorts of 65-70 people. The idea is the cohort system helps make students feel more connected to the Wharton community. I'm in cluster L. Last year's cluster L (Big L; we're little l) was known as the studious cluster that busted the curve. For some reason, some in my cohort want to break that tradition. I'm not sure I get that - nothing wrong with busting the curve, as long as you're the one doing the bustin'.

Today we started our econ class (MGEC, pronounced "Magic"), which was pretty straight forward. You know supply and demand curves and equilibrium prices and all. What I'm beginning to realize is that in grad school, the subjects are all connected. In undergrad, I learned micro, calculus, stats, etc. But I learned them independent of one another. It was like learning silos of information. Now we're learning in a way that relates calculus to stats, stats to econ, etc. So far the professors have done a pretty good job of interweaving the material. And now I get WHY we need to know calculus in business. It's all pretty cool. Just another reason I'm glad I decided to get my MBA.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory