<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 17, 2004

On Friday, I went up to NYC for a day on the job (affectionately known as DOJ) at an investment bank. There were three organized DOJs, but I only went to one because I had a conflict. The bank I visited had a Q&A session with IB associates, followed by a cocktail reception. It was interesting to hear what people liked about their jobs and what motivated them to choose the industry/product line that they did. From what I can glean, the bank's culture seems pretty happy. The people were tired, no doubt - that's a given when you work 80-100 hours per week. But they seemed to be really passionate about the work that they do, and they seemed to like one another. I liked that.

I'm beginning what's shaping up to be an all nighter. My learning team has been very efficient about dividing work up, and now my number is up. We have a bear of a stats project due tomorrow, and we have to write six pages about a multiple regression. That's right, SIX single spaced pages. That's a lot of writing about stats. I'm not sure if I will be able to fill 6 pages. And then I have an accounting case that I haven't even started. And I also have a marketing case to prepare for - but from what I hear its an interesting read. It's about Tiffany and Co. (diamonds!) and corporate responsibility. On Monday, Mike Kowalski (the CEO of Tiffany, not the guy from the Monsters Inc) will be holding a video conference call with our Marketing classes to get our take on the facts presented in the case. I think that's pretty damn cool.

So I'm in for a long night - bring on the caffeine and Red Bull (because it gives you wings!!)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory