<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 04, 2004

Well my follies run is done. I didn't make the cut. I'm a little sad. I was really looking forward to being in the cast - it seems like so much fun.

They say that the competition for altos was really tough this year. That there were only 2 or 3 spots this year. That I should try again next year. But the bottom line is I didn't get a spot. I won't be on the Follies stage.

My goal in trying out was to boost my confidence - to act in the face of the fear of rejection. And now that I've been rrejection has come knocking on my door, I will try not to let this get me down or slow down my stride.

But I am disappointed. Right now I feel a little bit of a void. What will take the place of what was to be my Follies commitment? What will I do with the time I thought I would spend singing and rehearsing? How will I feel when Follies hosts their MBA Pub on my birthday? Will I still be sad?

Onward and upward, I suppose. Everything happens for a reason. I'm just not sure what the reason/life lesson is on this one. Maybe I should have bought a pair of shoes....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory