<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

During the learning team retreat, one of our leadership fellows told us about how one learning team held people accountable. If a team member messed up, he or she had to where a t-shirt, a la The Scarlet Letter declaring, "I let my learning team down." I think I deserve one of those t-shirts.

When people talk about drama on their learning teams, they often blame others in the group for the drama. Well this time the problem is my fault. I am a little overextended (I COMPLETELY underestimated the intensity (insanity??) of IB recruiting) and I have to admit that learning team stuff was not always my top priority. What I didn't realize was how that made the team feel. I guess it never feels good when you think you don't matter to someone. I never meant to send that message. But I'm glad I got that feedback. I learned I need to be more conscious of how my actions and attitudes affect others.

Things are still crazy, but I'm less stressed about it. Stressing does absolutely nothing but cause grey hairs! I'm beginning to come to terms with the chance that I may not always be completely prepared for cold calls. And you know what? If I get called on and I don't know the answer, life will go on. I'm also learning that JIT delivery of class assignments is a good thing.

I still feel behind in my recruiting efforts. Some people seem to have themselves so together on all fronts (professional, personal, social, academic). I don't know how they do it. Maybe they have a twin and they switch back and forth? Or maybe they sold their souls to the devil? I just don't know how they do it. I'm telling you, there's money to be made on that human Xerox machine. All you engineers should get on that.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory