<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 05, 2004

This past week has been fun. Coupled with next week, these weeks are the hell weeks of Q2. There is a major project due in EVERY class this Monday and Tuesday. Add on top of that IB Days on the Job, recruiting events, and extracurricular activities, and it means 2 weeks of no sleep.

Despite that, Whartonites still take time out to have fun. Last night was the Winter Ball, Wharton's version of prom that supports the activities of the Wharton International Volunteer Program. The ball was held in 30th Street Station, Philly's Railroad Depot, and featured a live jazz band, and, probably more importantly, an open bar. Since it was black tie, everyone was looking pretty snazzy. Once again I had a few too many Apple Martinis - it was a pretty fun time.

Next week, formal recruiting events come to an end. I can't say I'm sad to see them go. Investment Banking recruiting is INTENSE. I had no idea how much of a time commitment it was. There were weeks when I spent 30 hours trying to get a job. Looking for a job IS a job. I just wish I'd understood that commitment before I signed up for other stuff. But it's almost over. On Thursday, I'll submit my resume and cover letter to about 8 banks. Then if I'm lucky, I'll be pre-selected to interview in February during the Dedicated Interview Period (DIP week). We'll see - I just want to have a job for the summer. Is that too much too ask?



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory