<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 07, 2005

It was a beautiful day.

The sky was a color of blue you'd find in a box of crayola crayons. There was a warm summer breeze. The sun was shining, cheerily saying GOOD MORNING WORLD!! I remember how the American flag on the side of my office building billowed in the breeze. I remember thinking, "Thank you, God, for such a beautiful day." And I remember feeling calm and at peace with my life.

And then the beauty of the day was shattered when a plane flew into a building not too far away.

This morning when I turned on the news and heard about the attacks in London, I remembered the panic of a day in September when life in America was changed forever. I remember the panic. And I remember the eerie quiet that captured my world after the cities emptied.

My thoughts and prayers are with people in London.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory