<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 11, 2005

School started last week, and my life has quickly accelerated to it's regular frantic pace. I'm taking five classes, and so far they seem interesting. I'm taking Advanced Corporate Finance, Customer Behavior, Managing Organizational Change, Marketing Research, and Retail Supply Chain Management. I feel like I have a good mix of classes. I'm glad I didn't try to force myself to take a lot of finance classes. I tried to stick with classes I actually wanted. There's a surprising amount of group work. I don't know why I thought we wouldn't have group work during the second year. Having to run around forming a group for every class, makes me appreciate the ease of my Learning Team. I guess you don't know what you got til it's gone...

Seems like the MBA Program Office has done an excellent job of scaring the first years TO DEATH about their academic survival. The Foam Party, a Wharton tradition which is usually heavily attended by incoming classes, was virtually empty. The White Party on Saturday night also had a light attendance. Maybe the first years are just partied out. Maybe they're scared of the MGEC exam that is quickly approaching. Or maybe they are just partying somewhere else. I hope it's that the 1st years are just to cool to party with us. While taking care of academics is important, I think it's important to strike a good balance. I mean afterall, you won't look back on your 2 years in b-school and think fondly of how hard you studied for the MGEC exam. But maybe it's just me...

Party on, y'all.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory