<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

As I mentioned a few days ago, I had a second round interview last week. This is THE JOB for me the one I want most. I don’t know the timing of the decisions so I find myself checking my caller ID constantly like a high school chick after a first date. I left my phone at school yesterday and was phoneless for 24 hours, which is probably good for my sanity. My anxiety about this phone call is reminiscent of waiting for admissions decisions two years ago.

So, I just got my phone back and checked my message and there was a call back message from THE JOB. Since my experience has been mostly made up of dings (I swear I could write a Christmas Song with all the dings…) this is new territory. I certainly hope I’m not being asked to call back to get a ding. I prefer to get bad news like that over voice mail. That way I can play it back and obsessively analyze the tone of the message and the time called. Then I can replay it for my friends and they can obsess with me… wait that’s if a boy calls. OMG, I AM like a high school chick…

I can’t believe it’s been two years since I started working on my business school applications. It feels much shorter than that. And in some ways it feels much longer than that. I’ve changed a lot over those two years. As much as I’ve been challenged in different areas of my life at b-school, I don’t think I’d ever change my decision to go back to school (as if we’re ever given the choice to hop in a time machine and undo something… but you get the point). It’s been a transforming and amazing experience.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory