<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I hate moving.

I hate packing. I hate having to trust random people with my stuff. I hate the thought being without said stuff for 2-3 weeks. I hate that's gonna be me and an air mattress til I get my stuff. I hate unpacking.

I hate moving.

When I'm rich and famous, I'm hiring someone else to deal with this. Like a wedding planner. That's what the world needs - moving planners. I'd buy it...

I have a week left in Philly. Today, some friends and I are going to Pat's / Geno's in South Philly to get cheesesteaks. Believe it or not, during my 9 year tenure to Wharton, I've never made the trek to Pat's or Geno's. Mainly because I don't like cheesesteaks. But maybe Pat and Geno will make me feel differently.

I do know how to order though. Whiz with. That means I'm getting my cheesesteak with Cheese Whiz (an-oh-so-tasty cheese food product) and fried onions. Now I can hear the groans now - why Whiz you ask? Why not get provolone. Because the grade of meat that they use for cheesesteaks was never intended to have real cheese on it. You gotta get it with Whiz. That way you eliminate all nutritious value entirely. Good stuff.

After cheesesteaks, we plan on going to the Italian Market, which an open air market in South Philly and a popular tourist spot. It's also another thing I never did before. I'm trying to move down my list of stuff I've never seen.

It's amazing how when you live somewhere you don't see some of the most popular things. One of my friends once suggested that you have to "use your city." I think I've done pretty well - I've seen the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Museums, Chestnut Hill, New Hope, the Philly Zoo, the Belmont Plateau, and more.

But there's so much I haven't seen. So many times I said I wanted to do things but I put them off because I was doing other things or I was busy with school, work, whatever. Now, with 1 week left, there's no time left to do it all. I guess the lesson is to do these things while you can. Don't put them off. Use your city. Don't leave a place regretting all the things you wanted to do but never did.

So today, I scratch a couple of things off my list of "never-dids." At the very least, it will get me out of the sea of boxes that is my apartment. I so hate moving.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory