<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 27, 2006

I've started to say goodbye to people in Philly. This week was the first time I felt really sad. I guess because it's the first time when it really is the last time I'll see people who I'm leaving behind. As excited as I am to move to the Bay area, I'm really going to miss the people who filled my life during these 9 years.

I'm a little nervous about moving to a new place, too. I'm a bit of a homebody, and I'm not a big partier. So I wonder how long it will be before I make good friends. Not acquaintances. But good friends who you tell your secrets to. People who see you without makeup, or who are there when you need a good cry, or who you can just sit around in silence with. Real friends. I wonder how long I'll need to go until I find those people. My second family. That's what's scary - being in San Francisco without that second family.

When I think about that and the fact that I'm leaving so many people whom I love behind, I get really sad. I try to keep it positive. But I have to say, I've been a bit mopey for the last few days.
On a lighter note, it was kind of funny to read messages from all the Californians who freaked because they thought I was moving to the Golden State sans automobile. It was like they were frantically trying to save me from a fate worse than death. It kinda made me chuckle. Rest assured, I have every intention of having a car - I am a Houstonian you know. I had planned to buy a new car when I got to California, but now, I've decided on a more economical choice. I'm keeping the car that I own. It's not cute, but it runs. It will serve my transportation needs. And I won't have a car note. As I'm coming to terms with the obscene amount I'm going to have to pay per month for my student loans, no car note is a good thing.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory