<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Last week was my first week at work, and today was my first day in my office. I'm extremely excited to start work on the case I'm working on.

Last week was fabulous. It was great to have so much training. At previous jobs, training usually consisted of benefits orientation and a point towards my corner of the office. So a full week is somewhat new. And next week we'll go through another week of Bain training. It's a whole new world.

Working for a professional services firm is taking some adjusting. I've never been in an environment so focused on professional development. People seem genuinely interested in making sure I learn to do my job and providing constructive feedback. And the place is INCREDIBLY organized. That's what really floored me. I'm used to masked chaos. It's definitely different.

But what's truly been awesome has been the people. My co-workers are amazing - extremely smart and VERY passionate about the work we do. It' s so wonderful to be surrounded by people so focused on mission oriented work. I've had good conversations - like the kind you have in undergrad after a night of beer and pizza. It was an amazing week.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory